Spend Your Time, Your Way
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, The Village at Utz Terrace, you can live the life you love, and shed the responsibilities you don’t. No more mowing, shoveling or spending time in the kitchen (unless you want to). You even have the freedom to dine your way! Unlike many area communities, we offer an optional dining plan with a declining balance card that has no expiration date!
The conveniences that make retirement living easy and fulfilling are right on campus, including a fitness center and exercise room, the Terrace Overlook Dining Room, Chips Café, beauty salon, country store, garden plots and a fenced-in dog park. At the hub of our neighborhood is the community center, a favorite gathering place for a wide array of social, recreational and intellectually stimulating activities.
For a window into life in our welcoming community, view our photo gallery.
No Chores. Many Choices.
Take a stroll on the walking trails; pop over to Baltimore or Washington, D.C., to see a show; join friends for cards; take up a paintbrush; sip a glass of wine at happy hour, tend to your own garden plot, or take your canine pal for a walk to our fenced-in dog park. It’s all part of HealthAbility™, a wellness philosophy we use to enhance eight dimensions of health.
Share. Learn. Do.
Our retirement living community offers many ways to enrich your life:
- Fitness and wellness: yoga/relaxation, chair fitness, Zumba® and wellness nurse services
- Bus excursions: day trips, weekend getaways and week-long trips to a variety of venues, from historical and cultural landmarks to dinner theaters, concerts, restaurants, movies, shopping centers and more
- Outreach: many volunteer opportunity roles, both on campus and out in the greater community
- Games: Wii sports leagues, mini tennis, cards, billiards, dominoes and more
- Performing and cultural arts: in-house entertainment by singers, comedians, entertainers and musicians; movie night; big band nights; dances
- Clubs and activities: books, sewing, quilting, knitting and crocheting, crafts, choral group
- Dining groups and socials: monthly coffee club, men’s and women’s groups, Diner’s Caravan, singles lunches and seasonal socials
- YMCA: close by for easy access to pool and water aerobics classes
- Spiritual opportunities: Bible study, video-based discussion group, prayer group, ecumenical worship services, Protestant Holy Communion, Roman Catholic Mass and Rosary, joint worship services with local churches, full-time on-site chaplain
With so many things to do and discover, you’ll be inspired to get out and embrace retired life!